Connecting virtual driectories in IIS v4 on NT to samba shares on Solaris

Matthew Harman MHarman at msxi-euro.com
Fri Feb 5 17:15:30 GMT 1999

When using a cloned IUSR_<hostname> account on the NT server, we can connect a shared resource from NT server 1 to NT server 2 and publish it on the WWW from NT server 2 using IIS version 4.

When substituting NT server 1 for a share from Solaris 2.6 using Samba version 2.0.0 it shows an error in IIS 4.

We have tried using guest accounts, accounts with passwords, accounts without password all to now avail.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew
mharman at msxi-euro.com