Beware: Samba is a hoax

Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia roberto at mha.com.br
Fri Feb 5 16:56:28 GMT 1999

>Make sure your WinXX clients are only running tcp/ip not netbui (or
>whatever it's called).  I remember something about WinXX machines
>confusing themselves when more than one protocol was bound to the MS
>client.  I run the MS tcp/ip, NIC driver, MS Windows Client and nothing
>else.

I'm using Samba 2.0 and all my client Win95 is runing bouth TCP/IP and
NETBUI and every thing works very well!!

>>1) Setup is more complex than Sendmail (it set the standard for complexity)

Not so complex, the defaults work very good and I love to be able to
control the datails I need to control.

For me Samba is very very good!!!

Eng. Roberto João Lopes Garcia         E-mail: roberto at mha.com.br
F. 55 11 848 9906   FAX  55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia Ltda
E-mail: mha at mha.com.br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maria Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000