Browsing Problems

Maurice Agavnian agavnian at cegelec-red.fr
Thu Feb 4 15:09:33 GMT 1999

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with samba 2.0 and my NT4 clients. When I try
to browse the shares in the Network Neighborhood, I get the error message:

	\\server is not accessible. The remote procedure call failed.

No problem with samba 1.9.x or Win95.

The only thing that make browsing works is to reduce the number of browseable shares and/or the length of the corresponding "comment=" lines. For me, with ~ 50 shares it works with ~ 70 I get error message... But this is not an acceptable fix it.

I am interested by any idea to correct this problem...

Maurice.