Communicator 4.5 & Samba 2.0.0

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at pcshop.com.br
Thu Feb 4 15:02:20 GMT 1999

How's Netscape configured? Did you map the Samba share to a drive letter
or are you using the UNC (\\Server\Sharename\path) notation. I've found
that Netscape does not like UNCs very much.

And since you mounted a vfat partition, do a "ls -ld /dosd /dosd/*" so
we can see what the permissions are.

Another info: experiment copying your profile directory to a Linux
native partition, redefine your share and see if it works from there.
It's not what you want, but it can give important clues.

--
 ___THE___  One man alone cannot fight the future. USE LINUX!