Windows NT 4.2 server or 5.4 PDC?

Baugher, Jason Jason.Baugher at glenayre.com
Thu Feb 4 14:46:25 GMT 1999

I am testing Samba 2.0.0 at my site, preparing to put it into production,
and we noticed something strange.  Server Manager on NT 4.0 reports that the
Samba Server is Windows NT 4.2 Server, but looking at the Samba Server's
properties via Network Neighborhood reports that it is Windows NT 5.4
Primary (we assume this means Primary Domain Controller).
I'm concerned about this because I want Samba to be a domain member only,
and not doing any controller or browsing or WINS functions.
Here is my global section:

   create mode = 0775
   dead time = 15
   debug level = 1
   domain logons = no
   domain master = no
   dont descend = /tmp_mnt
   encrypt passwords = yes
   guest account = smbguest
   lm announce = false
   local master = no
   name resolve order = host wins
   netbios aliases = TAZ
   password server = quincy_nt5 quincy_nt6
   printcap name = /opt/samba/lib/printcap
   remote announce = 157.230.67.1/QUINCY 157.230.67.169/QCYN2000
   security = server
   server string = Qcy Eng Server %h - Samba %v
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   wins server = 157.230.67.1
   wins support = no
   workgroup = QUINCY