using valid users and admin users together

Stephen L Arnold arnold.steve at ensco.com
Wed Feb 3 21:42:07 GMT 1999

When the world was young, "Peter Stubbs" <ps258 at hotmail.com> carved
some runes like this:

> I want to allow a user called admin_auto to connect to some shares to scan
> them for viruses from an nt workstation. I don't want any other user to be
> able to use the shares, and I've made them not browseable.
>
> My problem is that anyone can connect to the share without a password and
> use it. They just become admin_auto as though it was a force user option.

[snip]

I would think the following would do it (at least, it works for me):

browsable = no
writable = yes
valid users = admin_auto, root

"write list" would also work (but then others could map the shares
as read-only).  I'm usually more confused than not, but that should
work...

Steve

Stephen L. Arnold                        Senior Systems Engineer
ENSCO Inc.                        email:  arnold.steve at ensco.com
P.O. Box 5488                         www:  http://www.ensco.com
Vandenberg AFB, CA  93437             voice: 805.734.8232 x68838
                                               fax: 805.734.4779
#include <std_disclaimer.h>