Samba Encryption...

Robert L. Hillegas, Jr. bhille at gammabio.com
Fri Dec 31 15:11:52 GMT 1999

I have run across a situation I can't find documented. Has anyone seen this
one?

I have installed samba-2.0.6 twice, once on linux (no problems) and once on
Solaris 2.5.1.

The Solaris make and install go without problem. I have read and followed
all the steps in the Encryption.txt. The smbpasswd file has been created
from /etc/passwd using mksmbpasswd.sh.

When I attempt to assign the smbpasswd for the first time as root, using
the command:
# smbpasswd username
I get the following message:
smb password encryption not selected in Makefile

I have scanned through Makefile and configure, read the FAQ's and textdocs
and see no mention of an option to turn on.

Can you assist me?
Thanks
Bob Hillegas
Gamma Biologicals, Inc.