Can't print to NT printer

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Thu Dec 30 19:01:33 GMT 1999

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:58:57 +1100, hai scritto:

>I have tried substituting lp=/dev/lp1
no, leave it to null.

>I have restarted Samba and lpd(don't think it's required). When I issue
>the print command,
samba is not needed (unless you want to re-share the printer to other
win  machines). you need to restart lpd if you change the printcap.

>$ lpr myfile.txt OR  lpr -Plp myfile.txt
>
>the job remains in the queue and does not go to the printer. The printer
>on NT is set to "shared".
nt wants user/pass auth.
You need to edit the smbprint filter (or make a specific version of that
script for that printer) and edit the last line in order to pass to
smbclient a valid nt user/pass pair.

giulioo at pobox.com