How to kill samba users

Andreas Hasenack unixach at ez-poa.com.br
Mon Dec 27 14:34:52 GMT 1999

Each client has a smbd daemon associated with him/her. Check the output of
smbstatus
and see the list of clients and PIDs. Then you can just kill the PID you
want.
But there is one problem: windows will try to reconnect immediately and this
whole thing will cause just a slight "hickup" on the client.

You can also do this with the SWAT administration tool which comes with
samba nowadays.
(http://samba-server:98)