problems with compiling samba 2.0.6 on HPUX 11.00

Schretzmeier, Martin Martin.Schretzmeier at one.at
Wed Dec 22 12:41:39 GMT 1999

Hey!

I've some problems with compiling samba 2.0.6 on an HP - N-class 4400 server

running HP-UX 11.00 64-bit.

When I try compiling with the GNU-C-Compiler 2.95.2 compiled for HP-UX 11.00
I get the following errors:

uvict1:/opt/samba-2.0.6/source=> ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
uvict1:/opt/samba-2.0.6/source=>

trying with the standard c-compiler:

checking if large file support can be enabled
yes
checking configure summary
WARNING: No automated network interface determination
ERROR: no seteuid method available
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
uvict1:/opt/samba-2.0.6/source=>

I don't know very much about C and Compilers, so can somebody tell me
what am doing wrong ????

thx

Martin Schretzmeier
Sr. Analyst UNIX / Ingres