Linux Queue on Print Manager

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Dec 22 12:26:33 GMT 1999

Try a *really big* print file >100K, and see if it shows up in print
manager. I find that with 5 page print jobs, it's past the print managager
"immediately" because writing to Samba's queue directory is so much faster
than writing to a printer. I believe you can control the printer via Unix
print queue commands, and these can be accessed via a contrived print
command= in a phony balony Samba printer.

Steve Litt