Linux Queue on Print Manager

David Hamilton dhamilto at cbae.nmsu.edu
Tue Dec 21 23:25:45 GMT 1999

I'm using Samba 2.0.5a on Debian Linux.  I'm capable of printing through
Samba to the jet direct card of my HP LaserJet 4si, It prints
flawlessly, but I never see anything in the Print Manager on my NT
workstation, not so much as a flicker.  I'd like to completely stop
using NT as a print server, but I can not do that until we have easy
control of the print queue.

clip from printcap:

lp|test2|HP LaserJet 4:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/test2:\
        :rm=128.123.32.62:\
        :rp=text:\
        :sh:\
        :pw#80:\
        :pl#66:\
        :px#1440:
        :mx#0:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

clip from smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = MY_DOMAINNAME
        netbios name = MY_NETBIOS_NAME
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = MY_NT_PDC
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        max log size = 1000
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        invalid users = root