2.0.6/Sol. 251/NTW4 - Drive mapping anomaly

Chuck Smith chuckoss at online-str.com
Mon Dec 20 18:33:49 GMT 1999

> Has anyone seen the following anomaly?
>
> When I first connect to the Samba server, I run a logon script that maps
> 5 shares to drives F,G,H,L,M.
> Some time later, when I check "My Computer", I find that the share
> mapped to H: has been mapped to all the remaining drive letters as well!
> For example, after I mount /users on G: and /programs on H:, I'll notice
> at some point later that I also have /programs mapped to I,J,K,L,M and
> so on through Z. I don't know when this actually happens since I notice
> it through the course of a days work. Has anyone heard of this before??
> I'm running NT4WS/SP6.

Dennis

I  have  had  the  same problem with Samba 2.0.5a-1 / NT 4 workstation
-SP6.  The  only  fix I was able to come up with was to not map drives
in  a  logon  script  but map normally through Network Neigborhood and
select  to  reconnect at logon. This is definitely a wierd problem and
my guess is that it is a SP6 problem.

Sincerely,
Chuck Smith
The Bat! - automatic mail servant of Chuck Smith.
The BAT! ver. 1.38e
Windows NT 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 6

Website : http://www.online-str.com
You may also contact me via ICQ at 12185766.

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.