Winproj and permissions

Rune Mossige Rune.Mossige at waii.com
Mon Dec 20 11:25:22 GMT 1999

Hello,
I have discovered a slight problem with MS-Project4 on a WinDD server,
where users are not able to update the *.MPP file.

We have all data files stored on a UNIX box, using samba-2.05a, on an
RS6000 running AIX 4.2.1, so all *.MPP files are stored there, with the
proper UNIX user's userid and permissions.

The problem is that userB can not update and save changes in a file that
userA have created. When userB try to save the file, he gets a message
saying:

'An error was encountered writing the file' and then get the normal
'Retry', 'Cancel' and 'Help' boxes.

If I then, as root, do a 'chown userB file', then userB can save the file
just fine....Pressing 'Help' just give the usual incorect explanation:
'You are attempting to save a file on a disk that is full'.....

Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be wrong, or where I can
search for a solution/workaround?

(-: Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 :-)
Our ultimate goal is to make overloaded machines appear to be idle.
High performance, High reliability, Low cost -------- Pick any two.