VMware and host-only with Samba.

Dennis Boylan dennis at lan.com
Sun Dec 19 04:43:15 GMT 1999

I've been using VMware just fine in bridging mode, but it breaks when I'm
somewhere that will only give me 1 IP address.  To fix this problem, I've
been looking at MASQUERADING and host-only mode networking.  My problem is
that I don't see the NT domain stuff in this mode.  I've tried to put the
WINS server setting in the DHCP configuration, but to no avail.  So, I'm
looking for clues/suggestions on what I should do to make this configuration
work.  There are a couple of limitations.  I can't change anything on the
NT side (I'm not an admin).  The host-only network segment can not be
routed (there are some places where I have no control over the routers).
There will be multiple instances of the configuration on the network at any
given time.

Thanks,
	Dennis Boylan
	dennis at lan.com