Tektronix 640 Plus Color Printer

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Sun Dec 19 01:44:42 GMT 1999

I am running samba 2.0.6 under Linux and currently have around 2 dozen
network printers that generally work fine served on samba.  They are
four differrent flavors of HP Lasers  and I have the drivers on the
server, everything's great-UNTIL......
We get a Tektronix color printer (Phaser 640 Plus).  It's networking
fine, actually prints fine, except only in Black and there is some
bar-code-ish noise in the blank lines.  The printer itsself appears to
be fine, I have the latest drivers, and have tried (locally loaded, not
from the server) both the NT and the 95 driver.
Does anyone know what I need to do to get a color printer to work?  My
printer-related smb.conf sections follow; I have never set up a color
printer under Linux before, is there something special I have to do with
lpd?
Any help or advice appreciated as always.
Tom Hallewell
Lead Technical Engineer, Network
Radio Free Asia
Washington, DC
--
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always
one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to