Data corruption with Samba 2.0.5a and MKDE 6.15.430

Octavia.Sandu at gmx.net Octavia.Sandu at gmx.net
Sat Dec 18 07:38:13 GMT 1999

Hello,

Last week we switched our server from Netware 3.12 to Linux
(Intel, Suse 6.3, Kernel 2.2.13, Samba 2.0.5a).
We use an application that is based on Pervasive's Mikrokernel
Database Engine 6.15.430.
The database files are on the Linux server.
Everything works fine as long as there is only one user working on
the database. If a second user is trying to access the database, it
will sooner or later be corrupted.
We are quite sure that the problem comes from the hardware (we
have changed and tested network cards and memory).
We use different options in smb.conf (oplocks, fake oplocks, kernel
oplocks, strict sync, and some others) but there was no difference.
We can corrupt the database in less than a minute !

Is there any known problem with MKDE ?
If so, is there a solution ?

Best regards,

Octavia Sandu