Solved: problems with NT shares

John Rousseau jrousseau at silverstream.com
Fri Dec 17 22:39:53 GMT 1999

I wrote a few weeks ago about problems copying large files from my
NT Server 4.0 box to my RedHat 6.1 box. I noticed that at least one
other person on this list was seeing a similar problem.

Since then I have noticed a growing number of ethernet transmit
errors on my Linux box, so I swapped the 3Com 3c595 card with a 3Com
3c905C card. All of my Samba problems have now disappeared. I just
copied my entire development tree (about 400MB of small and large
files) without problem.

To the other person(s) with this problem, what are you running for
OS / Driver / Card combinations? I'm wondering if I had a bad card
or there is a problem with the 3c59x ether driver. Please reply to
me personally and I'll summarize.

-John

John Rousseau                               jrr at silverstream.com
SilverStream Software
1 Burlington Woods                        Phone: +1 781 238 5564
Burlington, MA 01803                        Fax: +1 781 238 5499