Question? Samba for HP-UX 10.20

don_mccall at hp.com don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Dec 16 15:15:36 GMT 1999

Hello Miguel,
Yes, absolutely.  there is in fact a binary package for the HP-UX 10.20
operating system that you can pull from
ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/hp so you don't even have to go
thru the hassle of compiling and building it yourself.
There is the package-xxx script that was used to package it into an swdepot for
installation, and a couple of versions 2.0.3 and 2.0.4b that you would download
(one or the other, not both) as well that contains the actual code that the
package script uses. Make sure you read the README file after you uncompress
and untar the version you choose, as there is a libc.1 patch required for it to
work on
HP-UX 10.20.  I believe the latest version of that patch is PHCO_20441.  I test
installed the 2.0.4b version on my system and had good luck.

Good luck, and happy samba'ing!
Don