Samba2.0.6 tgz compile questions.

Reid, Rowan (GSP) ReidR at gspinc.com
Thu Dec 16 13:02:31 GMT 1999

After fighting with trying to rebuiled my src.rpm file. I decided to use a
plain old
fashion compile from the tar files.  which worked ok, no settings changed.
at about 11pm last night I finished and noticed a few things that made me a
bit
uneasy.

1)  all the Samba bin files were installed in /usr/local/samba/..
2)  no smb.conf file was created.

I used   ./configure, make , make install when I think I should have used
a one of the scripts./  If I create an smb.conf file should I be ok.   and
also
should I use swat to create it ?

regarding building the rpm the path /usr/src/SuSE/RPMS does not exist
I used the find and whereis command to locate the new rpm to no avail.
would the fact that specific path affect the rebuild, and would creating
the path alleviate the problem.

also how do you change the list function from digest to normmal ??

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:26:17 +1100, hai scritto:

>I have been having some problems recompiling the src.rpm for samba 2.0.5a
>samba-2.0.5a-0.src.rpm
>I used the command rpm --recompile   samba-2.0.5a-0.src.rpm.   But nothing
>apparent happens.  Any one
>have any ideas ?

rpm --rebuild filename.src.rpm
then look into /usr/src/<your-dist>/RPMS/i386/
for the binary rpm.

Rowan [TSS]
Gerber Scientific Products
http://www.gspinc.com