Constantly have to restart samba

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Dec 15 21:38:59 GMT 1999

The first thing I'd try is to make sure workgroups= is the same as that on
all clients, and make sure you explicitly specify netbios name= the
hostname of your server box. You might also guarantee your Samba box as an
LMB with:

os level=65
local master=yes
preferred master=yes

And finally, make your box a wins server:

wins support=yes

Or if it already is, say no and see if it changes the symptom.

Steve Litt