check box item : acl support

Duane J. Ryan duane.ryan at usaa.com
Wed Dec 15 16:18:34 GMT 1999

Samba Users,

We're trying to get samba in the door of our "no unsupported freeware"
company, and after some analysis and some searching by our NT folks of  'how
can we make this fail', they found that they cannot click on the 'add' in
the security dialog box of a file or directory (ie, no extended acl
support). This could potentially kill the project unless I can find a
workaround or stretch the time out until it actually gets incorporated into
the samba code. Does anyone know of any workarounds for this or have any
inside info as to when this may be tackled by the samba team (or others)?
Thanks,

Duane Ryan
USAA Inc.