Samba on RedHat 6.1

Matthew Halliday matthewh at fesa.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 16:04:24 GMT 1999

We're trying to get samba running on a RH 6.1 server installation,
runnijng as a trial.  So far we can only see the server on 2 NT 4/SP4
workstations and not on the Windows 95 clients, and then only if we do a
Start/Find/Computers.  I can map a drive to a share, and can reconnect
to it after rebooting the NT workstation, but can't see the server in
Network Neighborhood.    TCP/IP is running fine - I can ping both ways,
I assume NetBIOS is not running properly.  How can I check?  smb.conf
seems fine, inetd.conf also looks good.  It's taking us ages to sort it
- can anyone help please.

Thanks
Matt Halliday            matthewh at fesa.co.uk

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Fesa UK Limited, this
communication should be treated as confidential and the information
contained therein may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose
for which it was sent. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, please contact the sender immediately.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. The recipient
should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Fesa UK Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. This e-mail and any
attachments may not be copied or forwarded without the written
permission of Fesa UK Limited. In the event of any copying or
forwarding, the recipient will be required to indemnify Fesa UK
Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any viruses or
otherwise.