Windoze workstation hangs accessing certain files on the Samba Share.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Dec 12 23:46:11 GMT 1999

You've almost solved the problem. Either the shear number of files creates
the problem, or certain of the files create the problem. Repeatedly move
half the remaining files until the problem goes away. When it does, take
the files just moved as a group and repeat the procedure. Sooner or later
you'll isolate the offending file, or prove that the problem is the shear
number of files.

You're almost done.

When you find the offending file(s), you can report to the list what the
problem was with the file(s) so we can be prepared for the same problem.

Steve Litt

Steve Litt