Strange problem with file attributes

Mark Leupen sbsml at euronet.nl
Sun Dec 12 09:39:21 GMT 1999

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird problem with my Samba server (Suse 6.1/Samba
2.0.3). Everytime a user saves or creates a file, it is marked as readonly
for all others on the Linux box. So all other users cannot edit that same
file. How can this be solved?

I created a share to a folder called 'data' which maps to a physical folder
on the linux box, also called 'data'. Thereby I created a share called
'admin' which maps to the root directory (to be able to browse it in the
Network Neighbourhood). Everytime a W95 user logs on, the share called
'data' is mapped to a physical drive. I do not create any other mappings to
physical drives. Could the 'admin' share be the problem?

Regards,

Mark