*** BUG? ***

Enforcer enforcer at a2000.nl
Fri Dec 10 14:31:21 GMT 1999

Hi!

I've installed RedHat 6.1 on a Pentium 233. I'm using samba 2.0.5a which
came with RH6.1. On another PC (Pentiun-II 400) I've installed Windows
NT 4.0. These two PC's are connected to the same network. I've
configured Samba to share the home directories on the Linux System. I'm
able to reach my own homedir from NT. Within NT I've assigned this share
to drive L. I'm also running AntiVirus Pro 3.0 (www.avp.com) with
background monitoring enabled. This software installs these services:
- F-SECURE AVP
- F-SECURE Filter
- F-SECURE Gatekeeper
- F-SECURE Recognizer

I'm also using Netscape Communicator PRO 4.7. Recently I've moved my
Netscape-profile to drive L (my homedir). Then I started Netscape, but
it hangs. I'm able to kill Netscape, but then I can't reach drive L
anymore. When I restart NT, I can reach drive L again. This always
happens when I start Netscape. Unfortunately I don't have the samba
logfiles anymore, but I recall 'log.nmb' reported that a certain
connection has timed out and the process has been killed. When I disable
AVP's background monitoring, I'm able to start Netscape without any
problems! Now I'm using Norton Antivirus 2000. When I turn on Norton's
background monitoring, I don't get any problems with Netscape either!

What's wrong here?

David