NT service problem (PR#19365) Help :) (fwd)

David Livingstone davidl at cn.ca
Thu Dec 9 14:33:39 GMT 1999

 Thanks, I will try password encryption ...

 Yes I could run tcpdump or I could even connect up
 a sniffer, however wouldn't it be better to have
 "password exchange" added to the debug logging ?
 I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been
 an issue. For the network gifted it is a simple matter
 to run and decipher a sniffer/tcpdump. For the average
 person trying to install samba - especially those who
 are taking the plunge from the MS world - this is a
 large hurdle. Making samba simple to install/debug
 is key to it's success.

 If this works an entry in the knowledge base would also
 be of benefit to other users. I couldn't find
 anything on this in the docs or John Blair's book.

--

David Kerr Livingstone
Canadian National Railway, Signals & Communications
Internet : davidl at cn.ca