nobody uid printing

William Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Dec 9 12:02:35 GMT 1999

Chris,
The way that we handle the situation here is as follows -

security = user
map to guest = Bad User
print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p -U%U %s; rm -fr %s

The lpr we are using is LPRng, which since 3.6.5 (I believe that is the
correct version) has had the capability to allow specified non-root
users (in this case nobody) to use the -U flag, which sets the user
information in the banner.

With regards to switching to 'security = user' in respect to your other
shares, you will then have to set up accounts on the box in order to
allow access.

--
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst