Compiling in HP-UX

Fernando Lanner Cardoso lanner at zaffari.com.br
Thu Dec 2 10:53:27 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I´m trying to compile the 2.0.5 version in a HP-UX 10.20 server (the
equipament is a D). I don´t have many experience in to compile softwares.
Well, I have been tried to compile with a little adjusts, that I was found
in the Samba book "Integrating UNIX and Windows". After moments, the message
returned by compiler is:
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

I know sometimes the soluction is not very easy, but if anybody could help
me....

Thank you very much,