Can't allow public access to share

William Knox wknox at mitre.org
Wed Dec 1 15:43:03 GMT 1999

David,
In the global section, add the line

map to guest = Bad User

which will map non-existent users to the guest user. This used to be
done with a compile option, as I recall. And for what it's worth, the
'guest ok = no' line in your global section is not necessary, as this is
the default (though, it never hurts to be sure, right?)

[original message shortened to save electrons, a precious natural
resource]

--
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst