Samba Installation Error

Jeffrey Zhang jeffrey_zhang at net.com
Wed Dec 1 00:53:28 GMT 1999

Hi,
I try to install samba on my Sun Soloaris v2.7
When I run ./configure under /usr/local/samba/source,
it give the following error:
checking for 3-argument statfs function (DEC OSF/1)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.bsize member (AIX,
4.3BSD)... no
checking for four-argument statfs (AIX-3.2.5, SVR3)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with statfs.fsize member (4.4BSD and
NetBSD)... no
checking for two-argument statfs with struct fs_data (Ultrix)... no
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Could you please give me a solution?
thanks
Jeffrey Zhang/NET