AutoCAD R14 and Eagle Point

Hank Burton wburton at literati.com
Tue Aug 31 03:23:27 GMT 1999

Samba List:

Is anyone out there using AutoCAD R14 and Eagle Point?  One of my clients
received the latest version of Eagle Point, and the time to load files has
become horrible.  It has increased from 1 min to 15 min!

All files are on the Linux server and the stations we did the initial tests
with are PIII w/128MB RAM.  The AutoCAD file loads quick, but once the
Eagle Point files begin to load you might as well find something else to
do.

The makers Eagle Point initially blamed our network and did not want to
address the Linux server but are now with a test box they are currently
configuring.  I have also run some other tests by loading the files from a
Win98 "file server".  The speed decreased but it was still taking about 5
min to load the necessary files.

Are there any settings in Samba that I might be able to tweak?  We are
currently using Red Hat 5.2 and Samba 2.0.4.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
  Hank Burton
  Literati Information Technology, LLC     wburton at literati.com
  PO Box 638                               http://www.literati.com/
  829 Fairmont Road, Suite 101
  Morgantown, WV  26507-0638               (304) 296-8026  x102