jetdirect printer configuration

Florian v. Behr fvbehr at gmx.net
Sun Aug 29 15:30:14 GMT 1999

I am trying to set up a jetdirect plotter in our network (samba server
running un suse linux 6.2).
When I start printing from on of the windows boxes everything seems fine
but the printing files only show up in the spooling directories on the
samba server. The plotter (HP Designjet 650 C) never receives anything.
Here are the relevant parts of my smb.conf and my printcap file:

PRINTCAP:

dj650:lp=:rm=192.168.0.20sd=var/spool/dj650:lf=/var/spool/dj650:sh:sf:sh

I also tried the printername (dj650) instead of the ip# but that did not
help. I can ping the plotter with the ip # and the name.

SMB.CONF:

[dj650]
	printable = yes
	path = /var/spool/dj650c
	printer driver = HP Design Jet 650C (C2859A)
	public = yes
   	writeable = yes
   	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pdj650
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pdj650 %j
	print command =/usr/bin/lpr -Pdj650 -rs %s

I dont have a clue why this does not work.

TIA

Florian v. Behr