NetBios to IP address name resolving problem in samba on linux

Bhaskar, Srinivasan (CTS) BSriniva2 at CHN.CTS-CORP.COM
Fri Aug 27 12:35:27 GMT 1999

Hi
	I was going through the Diagnosis.txt and executing the commands
mentioned in the document. The Test 5 fails for me i.e. "nmblookup -B RNDENT
'*' " gives sending query to 0.0.0.0 and not the IP address of the PC. I
tried giving another linux box which is in another subdomain, but still it
fails.
	TEST 6 also fail in the sense that the corresponding NetBios name is
coming as <00> against a IP address.

	Please advice me on this. I checked the wins mapping in both samba
server and also the PC.

GBS