Samba 2.0.5a and Suse 6.0/6.1 Browsing problems

Dieter Prochowski dieter.prochowski at cfs-online.de
Fri Aug 27 11:43:37 GMT 1999

Hello,

I try to set up Samba 2.0.5a on a Linux-Box (Suse 6.1). Samba seems to
be working fine, that means from a Windows-Machine I can search and
find this Linux-Box and I can connect to all shares. The browsing list of
the Linux-Box (/var/lock/browse.dat) contains all Windows-Machines on
the Network, but I can´t see the Linux-Box from any Windows-Machine.

I have tried a lot of different settings in the smb.conf file, I read the man-pages,
the documentation and the file "browsing.txt", I tried to find a solution at different
Web-sites, and now I am without any hope.

I have set up a lot of Linux-Machines with Samba 1.9.17 and they run all very
well, including the browsing. What is trick for the browsing with the 2.0.5 Version ??

regards,

Dieter Prochowski

mailto:dieter.prochowski at cfs-online.de