Visual C++ fails to recognize changed file

Steve Gaarder gaarder at actech.com
Thu Aug 26 18:45:05 GMT 1999

We're having a problem that is the reverse of prblems that others
have had: if we have a file open in Visual C++, and change it from
another editor (either on the PC or on Unix), Visual C++ does not
notice that it has been changed and ignores the file when it does a
make.  If the file is on a local drive, everything works fine.

We're running Samba version 2.0.4b on Solaris 2.6 and Visual C++
version 5 on Windows NT 4.0.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder                      Network and Systems Administrator
gaarder at cmold.com                  C-MOLD, Ithaca, N.Y., USA