severs don 't show in Network Neighbourhood

Buero Mayer, Teja Grothues 052169972-0002 at t-online.de
Thu Aug 26 08:30:49 GMT 1999

Hi all,

we are running 2 Novell PNW servers (1 printserver and 1 fileserver) and 6 Win
3.11 Clients since about 4 years with very little problems. But now our
production software cries for a 32bit OS. (Guess which one)

I tried to setup up something similiar with WIN98 and Samba 2.0.3. It works! I
can connect to my shares on both linux machines, ping them, print and copy
files, do my admin job with SWAT...but: I can never see both Samba servers
simultaniously in my Windows Neighbourhod. If I start only one (regardless
which) it shows up after a while, but if I start the second one it works but the
windows machine can 't see it. Where is that little switch, that i overlooked in
many nights browsing through my books, man pages, FAQ and so on?

One more question: is this setup useful: to separate file services and
print services or is there something harmful in that setup? I 'm only trying to
do something useful with an old 486 machine :)

What switch??? Thank you

regards from Teja