Change passwd via web

Paul L. Lussier plussier at baynetworks.com
Wed Aug 25 17:47:21 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 01:41:46 +1000
Rakesh Jain said:

>I am looking for a cgi script which can be used to change the smbpasswd via
>web browser. Anyone done this already ?. Any pointers will he appreciated
>much.

I haven't done this, but I can't believe it would be all that hard to do,
a simple shell script combined with a call to crypt (or whatever encrypts
netbios passwords) then sed the replacement into the file.  Perl would
probably be better.

Though, in general, I don't recommend doing this via the web unless you plan
on using a secure server, since web traffic is easily intercepted!
--

Seeya,
Paul

	    I've been bought, sold, and now given away :)
		 LanCity->Bay Networks->Nortel->Arris