How to run a login script with Samba 1.9.18p

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Tue Aug 24 16:41:04 GMT 1999

-- Please note: -----------------------------------------------------------
Any of the following options will transfer your e-mail directly to my desk.
(Do _not_ enter the ' signs! They are only used for clearity here.)
a.)  Save my address under 'Rainer Hantsch' in your address book
     or use 'Rainer Hantsch <hantschr at hantsch.co.at>' in the 'To:' field...
b.)  Put '[rainer]' somewhere into the subject line...
c.)  Use 'Username: [rainer]' in a separate line in your e-mail.
-- SmartMail v1.0 --------------------------------(c) Ing. Rainer Hantsch--

Hello, all!

Since a lot of days I try to find a clearely understandable instruction on
HOW to configure Samba to allow login scripts with Windows 95/98 clients.

All filesystem access works fine, but I cannot find out what I must
basically do (and where) to get a login script running.

I will be happy for a simple, easy to understand sample configuration.

Thanks,

Rainer Hantsch

      \\|//           Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software
      (o o)                             ... we focus on LINUX !!!

Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  |  e-Mail: office at hantsch.co.at
Khunngasse 21/1      |  www   : http://www.hantsch.co.at
A-1030 Vienna        |  Tel.  : ++43 1 7988538 0