Jet Direct Printers and Plotters

Carsten Schoening cschoening at gmx.net
Mon Aug 23 12:00:20 GMT 1999

Hi Florian,
I have the same configuration and did it this way:
- give the plotter a IP address and adjust it at the DesignJet control
panel
- put the IP address of the plotter in the linux hosts file and give the
DesignJet a DNS name
- set up an entry for a remote printer without any filters (raw) in the
/etc/printcap file for this plotter
- export the printer(s) with samba
That works fine in our LAN.

Carsten