File Permission Confusion

Bill Stephens bsteph at home.com
Fri Aug 13 21:15:50 GMT 1999

I have a copy of the Samba book, based on 1.9x, and it provided good
examples of how to have Samba emulate various NT file permissions.  With
2.05, it seems like a whole new can of worms has been opened.  I'm very
confused about what my new options are to grant a director Read access,
Add access, and Change access.  The read and Add access should be fairly
easy, but the Change access has me totally confused.  How would I grant
a group change access to a directory, and any new files or
sub-directories created by the users?

Thanks,

Bill Stephens
bsteph at home.com