Samba High Availability

Benjamin Suto ben at amvalue.com
Thu Aug 12 14:56:03 GMT 1999

We're using Samba, and it's working very well, however I'm interested in
finding out what approaches would work for having some sort of
redundancies in place in case the main server crashes.  Is there anything
in place for Samba in order to have some sort of backup in place in case
the main server crashes.

The reason is that the server is critical to the company's business, and
the few outages we've had (due to reasons other than Samba) have shown us
the need for some redundancy.

If anyone has any information or any ideas on how to go about this, please
reply.

Thanks,

Ben