HP-UX dont have printcap !

Paul L. Lussier plussier at baynetworks.com
Wed Aug 11 20:18:04 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 05:53:42 +1000
Fernando Lanner Cardoso said:

>Hi, all
>
>I don´t know how can I configure the Samba print service in a HP-UX server.
>This OS don´t have the /etc/printcap file.
>What can I do in smb.conf ?

HP-UX uses the SysV print spooler.  You may be able to get away with just
creating an /etc/printcap for Samba to point to, or, you can install LPRng,
which is a far superior printing system than either SysV or BSD.
--

Seeya,
Paul

	    I've been bought, sold, and now given away :)
		 LanCity->Bay Networks->Nortel->Arris