cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Aug 11 13:21:23 GMT 1999
Kkinva68 at aol.com wrote:
> and Win98 Client machines...
> it asks for password, but password for what user?
> I don't get it... it doesn't ask for user
The password for the user that Win98 thinks you
are logged in as.
* Make sure you have the Client for MS
* Delete all *.pwl files in \windows
> Anyway, i don't want my workgroup to be
> called mygroup, but instead OLDBS
* Change the Win98 workgroup to OLDBS and
workgroup parameterr to OLDBS
* Reboot the Windows 98 clients.
* Stop Samba (see below)
* remove browse.dat (notmally in /usr/local/samba/var)
* Restart samba
> Also, how do you re-start samba without re-booting?
> Just kill HUP inetd?
You should kill all smbd and nmbd processes.
You might want to consider runnign smbd and nmbd
as daemons rather than through inetd. Easy to manage
in my opinion.
Feel free to send me your smb.conf if you still
Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter
Engineering Network Services Auburn University
jerry at eng.auburn.edu http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/cartegw
"...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
- Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )
More information about the samba