Solaris 7 5/99 and samba-2.0.5a (PR#19508)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mon Aug 9 16:14:50 GMT 1999

David Collier-Brown wrote:

> Todd Pfaff wrote:
> > thanks, this patch fixes the problem.  after applying the patch i rebuilt
> > samba-2.0.5a on solaris 2.5 and it runs fine now on solaris 7.
>
>         Good!
>
> > On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > > Try this fix (it causes Samba to do a lookup on root
> > > and check the correct gid_t rather than just assuming 0).
>
>         Jeremy, that sounds like a sun wierdness... what's
>         your opinion?  (I went to look up  PR#19508 in
>         jitterbug but the servers' not responding).

Well it might be wierdness, but the Samba code was
just plain wrong in assuming that the root primary
gid_t was always zero. The new code correctly looks
up root in the password database and *cheks* what
the primary gid_t is.

I'll talk to Andrew about jitterbug. He's here in
San Jose for Linuxworld expo.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.