Netatalk Support?

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Thu Aug 5 16:45:31 GMT 1999

When configuring samba there is an option to turn on netatalk-support.
I did this, because we need to see the shared on both windows and mac, but I
couln't see any difference in sambas behaviour.

Netatalk stored the ressource-fork, and some files the Mac-Finder created in
Directories calles ".AppleDouble".
I hoped, that with netatalk-support samba would handle those dirs correctly,
but it still displays them when browsing from WinNT machines.

I (partly?) solved this using veto files, as described in the smb-manpages
(the example is for the use with netatalk), and now the files cannot be seed
from NT anymore - so far so good ;-)

But netatalk-support must do more than this - otherwise it wouldn't be
theer, would it?

Greetings, Florian Pflug