Problems with Samba 2.04b on Suse 6.1

Roman Blöth bloeth at gosub.de
Thu Aug 5 15:06:08 GMT 1999

Dear Tomek,

> I reported few weeks ago about problems with samba running on suse 6.1 -
> "broken oplocks" message in samba logs and application hangs. Does
> anybody has oplocks problems with samba on suse 6.1 ?

I always have "broken oplocks" in my logfile, using samba under suse 6.1. I
believe that this problem led to the phenomenon that sometimes some clients
(running Win95/98) had pauses of 30 secs for each file request. This problem
disappeared nearly totally after I diasbled the "oplocks" part in the
share-config of the corresponding share.

Best regards,
Roman Blöth.

gosub communications | Fredersdorferstr. 10 | 10243 Berlin | Germany
phone: [+49] (-30) 29 66 88 81 | fax: [+49] (-30) 29 66 88 84 |
http://www.gosub.de
PGP-Key: E-Mail with subject: "get pgp key"