Samba 2.0.5a & Solaris 2.6 Assistance (PR#19370)

Paul L. Lussier plussier at baynetworks.com
Thu Aug 5 13:01:53 GMT 1999

In a message dated: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:21:59 +1000
Andrew L Gibson said:

>Followup on things I have learned. We can't run the 64bit code.
>That requires an Ultra box.  Sparc2 and IPX hardware does NOT
>support 64bit. IIRC, anything with a Sparc 4m or 4u processor
>(that's basically a Sparc 5, 20, or Ultra machine) can do 64bit.

AFAIK, sun4u technology is the only line that deals with 64 bit.  The Sparc 5
and 20 lines are still Sparc technology which are only 32 bit CPUs.  The Ultra
line is where they made the jump to 64 bit CPUs.

--

Seeya,
Paul

	    I've been bought, sold, and now given away :)
		 LanCity->Bay Networks->Nortel->Arris