Win9x & Samba 2.0.5a

Brian Foster McLean brianm at et.byu.edu
Wed Aug 4 22:48:27 GMT 1999

We have a system that uses SAMBA on HPUX 10.20 systems as servers and
primarily NT4 Clients.  We do however, have a few 9x boxes.  We are
running with Encryption on the servers, so no modifications are made to
the registries of either types of windows boxes.

This is my problem:  We were running fine on 2.0.3, but when I upgraded
the binaries to 2.0.5a, the 9x boxes could no longer see any files
through explorer.  They can create files, but then they immediately
disappear from view.  Watching from the unix side, they are there and
everything is fine.  Ditto from an NT box.  If a 9x user then uses an
MSDOS window and views the file(s), they are all there.  Back-revving
the binaries to 2.0.3 solves the problem.  I have also duplicated this
problem on my RH6.0 box at home talking to a 98 box.

Can anyone clue me in as to what might be happening?
Brian McLean					brianm at et.byu.edu
CAEDM / College of Engineering			 winnt at et.byu.edu
Brigham Young University			CB306a	 378-5351