2.0.5a and Excel

DOMINIK.WEIS at bhf-bank.com DOMINIK.WEIS at bhf-bank.com
Mon Aug 2 13:09:00 GMT 1999

--- Erhalten von  ORGAINFO.WEIS 4096               02-08-99 14.09

  -> samba at samba.org

Hello

I experience a problem after I updated a server from 2.0.3 to
2.0.5a. I am not able to open a file with Excel that exists on a
read only NFS mount with Windows NT. I get the error message that
Excel can not open the file because it is not able to write in
this directory. Other Windows programs are able to open the file
and the problem is "solved" when I go back to 2.0.3. I don't get
any output in the logs. Is this a knows problem.

Thanks

Dominik Weis